That was Evan‘s misspelling, but I love it.
Yesterday we made a workshop to map the social aspect of our projects. We split into pairs and helped each other find the areas related to our work.
In the end, we should find common areas between the two. Because Evan‘s project and mine doesn’t seem related, we tried to link them by categorizing the areas instead.
The spreadsheet below is the result of our investigation:
|Subject||Fear. More specifically, the one derived from language barriers. Because the project is based on her own experience as an international student in NYC, she might narrow it down to English language problems.||Dada Visualization. Feel the need for new tools other than charts, to visualize data. So far his investigation has been through a movie editing tool he started to develop last semester.|
|The first people she might talk to is a group of students from an English class she met during Summer.||He might finish this tool and test it with people involved in producing experimental videos.|
|Target Users||students||video editors|
|Secondary Users||parents||people who post mashups on youtube|
|Experts||psychologists||data visualization researchers|
|sociologists||film and media researchers|
|ISS (International Students Services) advisors||computer vision experts|
|ESL (English as Second Language) teachers||critics|
|software developers who work with language applications||software developers|
|Artists||Movie directors whose work is about language problems||new media artists|
In the end we found out that we share at least two domains: language and video.